What are the new changes?
Here, we would have enhanced the certification program to bring you:
- Streamlined as well as updated certification paths, like:
- Combining as well as updated associate-level training and certification for networking engineers, one course, and one exam would be covering the fundamental topics for all network technologies.
- Specialist certifications would be validating your skills in line with your job role as well as interests.
- Your choice of concentration exams at the professional level would be allowing you to tailor your certification to your preferences.
- CCIE accomplishment would be authenticating core knowledge on end-to-end practical skills through the entire network lifecycle of deploying, designing, optimizing and operating complex network scenarios.
- New DevNet certifications at the associate, specialist as well as professional levels, for validating your software development skills.
- The ability for beginning where you want – no prerequisites for the beginning for earning your associate, specialist, professional or expert level certification.
- Continuing education credits for recertification and ongoing development would be available for Cisco Certified Specialist, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE.
- New Emeritus lifetime tenure for CCIE certifications would be maintained continuously for 20 years.
- Badging for completing training courses.
- There would be no more continuing education administrative fee, as of February 24, 2020.
What’s the same?
The best features of our program haven’t changed. They would be still offering:
- Multiple levels of certification, at associate (CCNA), specialist, professional (CCNP) as well as expert (CCIE) levels.
- Learning on your schedule, in your chosen way online or in-person.
- Core technology concentrations at professional as well as expert levels, in Enterprise, Data Center, Collaboration, Service Provider, Security and much more.
- Recertification exams would be available at all levels.
Why would you change the Cisco certification portfolio?
This initiative would be built on the technology transition that Cisco has driven in the networking industry.
Unleashing the full capabilities of the new network would be meaning that there would be entirely new capabilities in the network, and this fundamentally changes how networking would be done. In order to fully leverage the capabilities of the new network, networkings, as well as software skills, are keys.
The latest Cisco Certification program would be initiating CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE certifications that would be maintaining the high-quality standards known to the industry yet have been streamlined which would be based on market demands and learner preferences. The program would be designed for value, agility, as well as leadership. It would be letting people choose the skills they wish to develop and encouraging lifelong learning.
New DevNet Associate as well as DevNet Professional Certifications would be providing software skills for network engineers and software developers, who would be working with Cisco technologies.
This would permit us to merge the strengths of their Cisco certified community, the Networking Academy community, as well as DevNet community, and building the workforce for the next generation of businesses would be built on Cisco technologies.
What certifications would be removed and what certifications would be added?
Certification technology tracks for CCNP as well as CCIE would have been consolidated to Service Provider, Enterprise, Security, Collaboration as well as Data Center, which would be including the relevant topics from legacy programs. The topics from legacy certifications would be reflected in new concentration exams. New DevNet certifications would be including the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate, Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist, and Cisco Certified DevNet Professional.
So, now that you have gained the details regarding the changes in the Cisco’s Training and Certification Programs, if you wish to acquire any of the Cisco Certification, you must check out the training courses which would be offered at the SPOTO Club, if you wish to achieve it in a single attempt.