What is the Top Keys to Make Successful Content Marketing Strategy
What is a Content Marketing Strategy?
Before diving in on Content Marketing Strategy, let’s understand what Content Marketing is. It is simply the creation, publication and promotion of custom content placed on carefully designed and tested landing pages all done on a regular basis.
Therefore to draw people to your website, you need to create unique and interesting content that helps people solve their problems and answers their questions. And without integration of a strategy, content is merely an idea.
It needs planning and strategizing to create a blueprint which enables in more appropriate execution of these plans, and that is where ‘Content Marketing Strategy’ comes in.
A content marketing strategy can be referred to simply as planning and creating a strategic way to create, publish and promote content in a way that you are able to generate permanent sources of traffic lead and sales.
And best of all with the correct strategy and system you can do it for less than the cost of other forms of marketing.
- 10 SEO Strategies (Trends) Should Small Businesses Adopt in 2019
Importance of Content in your Business
Why you need a content marketing strategy?
Here are a few pointers to tell you why:-
- Content Marketers who have a documented strategy are consistently seen to be more effective.
- A strategy can bring cohesion to an otherwise complicated process of creating marketing content.
- It’s vital to create a systematic method of creating content and it’s equally vital to measure the effectiveness of your effort.
While Marketing is a cost, Content is an asset to your business. The most important part of any website or app is its content and content can mean the information media or the functionality that the user is there to get from you.
This could be a written text, photos or videos, it could even be small pieces of information like flight alerts or weather updates and it could be functionality for users to manage or upload their own content. Without content there would be no reason to use your app or website and there would be no reason for you to even make one.
Hence it is extremely important that part of your design process is creating a strategy for how you will create and deliver your content and the term for this is ‘Content Strategy’. A simple Content Strategy example is that if you publish a blog post or deliver content in any form without much forethought, you are bound to ‘not’ get the results that you want. You can check Digital Marketing Blogs.
Basically a content strategy will help you determine what, when, why and how you are going to distribute the information about your company, services, brand or positioning.
- What? What is it that you’re going to deliver? You need have to a clear understanding about ‘what’ content that you wish to place on the web.
- When? When are you going to deliver it? Depending upon the platform, what you choose for distribution matters.
- Why? Why are you putting out this information on the web? Understanding why you are doing this is essential because you’ll have to ensure that whatever you put-out, you need to have excellent reason to support your purpose or your ‘why’.
- How? How are you going to get this information out? How to write a content strategy? Understanding the ‘how’ finally helps us create a content strategy which is inherently an overall roadmap for marketing in the long run.
How to Create a Content Strategy?
- Target Audiences: Buyer Personas are very important as they provide tremendous insight into your company and its audiences. Therefore be certain to create different personas based on different stages of the buying cycle but avoid creating too many of them. Google Analytics is one key for finding out information of your target audience and also with a help of an audience report you’ll have greater insight into your audience. By having access to key demographics like data based on position, age, gender and individual interests you can draw a picture of your target audience.
- Goals & Objectives: You need to keep tabs on your goals and objectives in order to create content effectively. Your goals and objectives require complete synergy with each other and the marketing and overall plan. If your goal is to withstand a lot of traffic over a long period of time then it needs to be backed-up by a solid objective like educating or entertaining which draws visitors to your site and vice-versa.
- Social Media Platforms: Before you start with content, it is important to set-up and is visible on social media platforms. Despite the fact that attaining higher search rankings for keyword specific content is beneficial, engaging with customers is what drives your involvement and sales. It is also recommended to find sites which cater to specific industries and niches that would be of relevance to your business.
- Establishing Content Ideas: For establishing content ideas, performing a content audit would be the initial thing to do. A content audit is the foundation of an effective content strategy. Thus you need to perform an evaluation for all the content on your website basically all the content that your organization might be responsible for. Also you need to be aware of what your competitors are doing, to able to create a superior strategy. Accordingly you need to have a good competitor analysis in place as well. Lastly, keyword research is also vital towards establishing content ideas.
- Editorial Calendar for Content: Once you have your ideas, an editorial calendar will help you and your organisation to plan out content for an estimated period of time weekly, monthly or yearly. And you should take into consideration key dates and events like standard holidays and how you can link with them with your content while planning your overall campaign.
- Promote: For promotion you have to start by focussing on the platforms that provide the best result, it can be either Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn or all of them. But make certain to make it easy for people to share it to more people. You can forward content on your e-mail list or even send an outreach e-mail. Simple things like engaging more on the content community helps you get to as many people as possible.
- Measure: The first phase is to create content and ensure that it is distributed well and reached the targeted audience. The second phase would be to measure how well the content performed in line with the goals and objective that was set. Basically, you’ll have to evaluate how successful your efforts were.
Let’s recap and highlight the Top 10 keys to Make Successful Content Marketing Strategy
- Understanding and identifying your audience: You need to understand and decide who your target audience is. Also, identify the best platform to reach your audience through either blogs, e-books, social media, videos or podcasts.
- Keyword Research: Do a research and find out the combinations of best keywords that are related to your business.
- Content Creation: Create a content in relation to your keywords. And in order to determine that your content doesn’t give the impression of a spam, it is advised to stay away from over doing things.
- Create a Schedule: A good content strategy plan calls for creating a schedule. For ex. a schedule of sharing 3 posts a week.
- Planning a promotion strategy: Once you are done creating content, it’s time to revisit the personas that you created for your target audience.
- Social Media: Promote your content on the big-hitter social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and more.
- Building links: To rank high on the search engines you have to build links to your content.
- Measure the results: Measure your results, adapt your content and repeat!
- Be aware of trends: Be aware of trends and continually gather data to make predictions about where your strategy needs to advance next.
- Optimize for users and search engines: While engagement with visitors and users drives involvement and sales and it is equally important to have keyword specific content to rank higher in search engine rankings.