Bluehost:- A Web hosting service provides technology and services to help individuals and companies set up their own website on the World Wide Web.
A short Bio of BlueHost
Bluehost is a Web hosting service provided by Endurance International Group, USA. This service has been available for all since its inception in 1996. Presently this economical hosting service supports more than 2 million websites across the globe.
Plans are offered by BlueHost are:
- Bluehost Shared hosting
- Bluehost VPS Hosting
- Bluehost WordPress hosting
- Bluehost Dedicated hosting
- Cloud sites
Blue host not only supports simple blogs, but also higher e-commerce applications.
Pros and Cons of BlueHost services
Pros and Cons experienced while utilizing Bluehost services:
- Free ‘.com’ domain
- Drag and Drop SiteBuilder – User friendly
- 24/7 Network Monitoring
- Seamless WordPress Integration
- Can support Streaming videos
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Server speed is not satisfactory
- Help facility for Site Transfer not adequate.
Lets us review the pros and cons in detail based on its various features and the general market trends
What to expect of BlueHost webhosting service
Here are some feature web hosting plans of BlueHost
The basic plan offers:
- free domain
- single website but with unlimited sub-domains
- SSL Certificate
- Easy one-click WordPress installation
- Receipt of Automatic WordPress updates
- Limited disk space, just enough for a small personal website, but an unmetered bandwidth that will help when there is a sudden increase in website visitors. BlueHost does it by routing website to isolated systems that have extra space.
Plans and their costs @BlueHost
|Particulars||Basic plan||Plus plan||Prime plan|
|Websites, capacity||1 website, 50GB capacity||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|No.of email accounts and storage capacity||5, 100MB/account||Unlimited emails accounts and storage capacity||Unlimited emails accounts and storage capacity|
|*current prices may vary|
Shared hosting is cost-effective and good for small businesses and those just starting out. Choosing the Business pro plan you have ample resources at hand storage wise plus $200 in marketing offers.
Dedicated servers are good only for large commercial enterprises where they rent a whole server for themselves.
In the case of VPS hosting, a physical server is shared by few individuals and since you access your own virtual operating system the server acts as if it is working only for you. There are four plans under this head standard enhanced premium and ultimate. Yes, the cost of BlueHost VPS hosting is on par with market rates.
2. WordPress Hosting
Here are numerous web hosting services, but only few, like Bluehost have been found favor among individuals and organizations alike. Bluehost is one among the only three web hosting companies to have received the official recommendation of the reputed WordPress Organization.
Also Check :
WordPress hosting is expensive at BlueHost compared as compared to others in the market. Even so, there are more a million takers for this plan at present. Some features of the plan are
- Customized dashboard that is optimized for WordPress use.
- Dedicated resources
- SiteLock WAF facility – protects you from malicious traffic and spam
- Advanced level CDN – to protect your data
- Provision for WordPress plug-in –WooComerce
- Positive Wildcard SSL
With so many facilities it may seem the best, but the fact is hosts like iPage have cheaper plans in this category.
3. Cloud Hosting
BlueHost offers a powerful cloud infrastructure for sites with higher traffic and unexpected site visitor volumes. Features include
- Unlimited domain hosting holding multiple websites
- Single click integration with CloudFare –for security features and increase in speed. CloudFare also combats DDOS attacks.
- Cheaper than other hosts like GoDaddy but costlier than few others
4. Downtime issues
Downtime is when you cannot use your computer or website services. This could be due to any reason, including maintenance. Downtime can cause heavy losses, especially when there is a promotion or sale going or for small businesses trying to establish themselves.
BlueHost manages downtime with these strategies:
- Downtime durations are shorter than 15 minutes. It is only in rare cases that downtime duration is more than 1 hour.
- Downtime due to maintenance is informed by the company well in advance by email. Of course, in case of emergency maintenance the notice given to clients is shorter due to obvious reasons
- Also maintenance is carried out at those times of the day when least members are affected.
- In case you cancel your contract giving downtime as a reason you need not pay extra charges.
- Also the company pays back a pro-rate refund for unused duration of contract as per terms of company.
You may think these measures indicate lot of downtime issues at BlueHost. Your guess is wrong, cause, our experience and pingdom stats display nil outages for the past six months and 99.97% uptime.
5. Customer Service
All plans are backed up by customer service officials who are there round the clock 24/7. Customer services are highly rated by some customers who feel the service employees are friendly and helpful. Some others complain that they are not able to reach a service official in spite of many calls.
Another complaint about Bluehost is there is a constant up-selling going on for ad-ons and upgrades.
BlueHost payments are annual and so you need to pay in bulk. Of course they have interesting plan options like the 60 month plan (5 year) which works out very cheap. The only problem is if you back off before the total duration you will not get any refund
7. User-friendly panels but there features for Geeks too
The user panels are very user-friendly. Even a layman can understand and learn to operate in few minutes.
Not only that, BlueHost has the following stuff for the computer nerds:
- SSH access
- FP access
- Unmetered MySQL databases
8. Other services
Blue host also offers other services like:
- Helping to set up a website on wordpress
- Mobile friendly. Free consultation provided by staff for website design. Drag and drop tool is available for updating your website
- SEO services available
- Help rendered for content marketing
- Add-ons like Business on Tapp Mobile app which connects you to other entrepreneurs
- E-commerce features:
- Easy access to online shopping carts like Zen, OS Commerce, Cube and Agora.
- OpenPGP/GPG Encryption
- $200 marketing credits to promote business through Bing, Twitter, Google and Facebook.
It may be noted that there are other sites which given a wider range and faster access to e-commerce. But the one factor that goes for BlueHost is its economical cost. Finally, to sum up BlueHost is economical at the basic level. Plans are flexible and there are many other features that improve their rating.
In spite of some negative criticism, most customers have found satisfaction and value addition on adopting this hosting service to expand their businesses. No wonder they have survived 20 years in this field and are still going strong.
If you are looking for a hosting site, BlueHost is definitely recommended. Also there are some sales offers at present. Grab them as soon as you can.