Things to be considered about RHCSA Certification Exam:
The RHCSA or Red Hat Certified System administration exam is designed to test the candidates knowledge and skills which would be required as common in area of Linux Administration, RHCSA exam is going to require to be qualified before going to the next level which is RHCE or Red Hat Certified Engineer exam, this certification is one of the most Reputed IT certifications; and will give you chances of getting a good job, which would be possible after you earn the certification.
Why you should go for RHCSA certification?
RHCSA certification is quite an expensive IT certification and would require lots of hard work and time, before going for these examinations you should ask yourself –“why should I go for the this RHCSA certification?” Below mentioned are some certain benefits and pitfalls related to RHCSA. In fact, every certification has some advantage and some limitations.
Some organizations consider that the RHCSA would be considering it mandatory; definitely, after earning the certificate you, CV will become more visible to recruiters.
- The Red Hat provides the best preparation material, after going through the entire curriculum modules; you would have a sound knowledge of RHEL systems from basics to advanced level.
- If you are already having the experience in Linux Administration even then going through this examination process you will improve your confidence level and will be able to validate your expertise and skills.
- Although some other vendors are also going to provide you with the various cons Linux certifications e.g. LPIC or, but RHCSA is the most reputed and recognized certification.
- RHCSA won’t be to solve any purpose for fresher, before going for the certification you must have experience of at least 2-3 yrs.
- Earning RHCSA certificate is not the Job Guarantee, you have to understand that after you earn RHCSA doesn’t mean that you will get golden opportunities in the IT Industry; still, you need to work hard.
- RHCSA is not the replacement of experience, although earning RHCSA will validate your Linux skills recruiter always ask for “what you know “instead of “what you have?”.
- Sometimes you are not able to crack the exam in the first attempt, so you have pay examination fee again to go for the second attempt, you have to take that risk.
Examination Situation of RHCSA Certification:
RHCSA certification also known as EX200, duration of this exam is about 2:30 hours. This is just like your college practical examination. It means that you have to perform practices during examination and no theory will be there. Generally, the candidates are required to attend 20 questions of maximum 300 marks. They are required to Score minimum 210 out of 300 is considered as qualified. It is important to note that every participant are going to have a different set of question paper, so getting the clue from a neighbor during the examination will definitely take going to put you to the wrong track.
Cost of RHCSA Certificate:
You can divide examination cost into two parts; one would be the amount which you pay to Red Hat for appearing in the examination, and another amount which you would have to spend on your training to prepare for RHCSA examination. Presently approximately $400 is the fee so as to appear in examination and training can cost would be tentatively $200-$ 300.
Mistakes to be avoided in RHCSA exam:
There are certain important things which you should keep in mind so that you could avoid some common mistakes:
- Always start services and chkconfig before you reboot.
- The complete first question in the first attempt before the switch to the next question.
- Do not be in hurry and read every question carefully.
- Do not forget to reboot the system after completion of every question.
- Do not over attempt or perform extra activities, stay focusses.
Another good certification would be the Cisco Certification and if you want to gain it, you could gain it by joining the SPOTO Club.